Monday, July 9, 2012

Bottle Caps

I love bottle caps.  In fact, when I was little I collected bottle caps.  Back in those days soda came in bottles, so collecting bottle caps was fairly easy.  I envied Bert from Sesame Street with his collection of bottle caps and wondered if I wrote some fan mail if he would send me some of his collection.  At the local science center there was a huge magnet in a bin with thousands of bottle caps and I loved running my hands through the piles of metal lids.

Close To My Heart must know I love bottle caps because they sell them now:
 
They go along with the Cruisin' paper pack.  And although they don't still smell slightly like diet coke, they are just as fun!  


Not only can you use them on your layouts:

 


You can use them for the Cruisin' Car Game I posted earlier:


 
And for some more fun you can make them into jewelery!

I punched a hole in the bottle cap with my crop-a-dile

You cut/ punch a 1" circle to put inside the cap and glue it in.  Then I cut a flower using the cricut art philosophy cartridge at 3/4" and glued it in.  I added a jeweled flower and then made sure my hole went through the paper too.

Then I added some liquid glass to seal it all in.  I used some bakers twine to make the necklace.

 You can paint over the saying on the bottle cap using the pearl paint and some re-inker.  Or you can cut another 1" circle and glue it to the front with your design on it.  I tried stamping- those 1" hostess stamps are the perfect size- but the liquid glass makes it bleed.  You'll have to use staz-on ink I think or just don't add the liquid glass.

So go have fun with some bottle caps!!  And if you have some extra feel free to send them my way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment