Friday, September 28, 2012

Contest

Well, here I am in St. Louis at a regional convention for Close To My Heart!  What fun!  They had a contest so I decided to enter it.  The rules were it needed to be 3D and use chalkboard marker and/ or chalkboard paper.  This is what I made:



They are nesting Jack O'Lantern treat boxes!  The new Cricut Artiste cartridge is sooo much fun!!!With these boxes the lid slides up revealing a hole.  I decided to do polka dots because I am really into dots :)  And with the chalkboard paper it is much easier to draw with the chalkboard marker because if you use regular paper it soaks up the ink and you have to go over it a few times. 

I used the back of an "o" for the polka dots and used the cricut to cut out the boxes, leaves, and faces.  For the boxes I cut them out at 3.5", 2.75", and 2".  To shape the hemp I used some liquid glass and wound it around a pencil.  For the glitter I used the silver glitter glue and then colored it with the new autumn terracota marker.  The leaves I colored with the new olive marker.  The stems I freehand cut and shaped out of the kraft paper.

Wish me luck!! The prize is $50 in product credit so I really want it!

1 comment: