Monday, August 26, 2013

Happy Autumn Card

Happy Autumn!  Well, it's not here yet, but I still love everything pumpkin!  This card will be in a workshop coming up so stay tuned!  This card is 5x7.  Here is what I used to make this card:

Cricut Artbooking
Happy Autumn stamp set
Sweet Leaf cardstock
Colonial white cardstock
Desert Sand cardstock
Desert Sand ink pad
Olive markers
Honey makers
Autumn Terracotta markers
Ruby markers
Blending pen
Prisma glitter
Wood embellishments
Jute ribbon
liquid glass

I have not mastered the blending marker technique but I have to say it still turned out pretty good!  It was so much fun using the new Artbooking cartridge!  I don't know if you can see the glitter or not, but it's behind the overlay.  I use the "lazy scrapbooker" technique where you run your tape runner down in a few stripes and then pour the glitter over your tape.  It works really well and you don't have to wait for glue to dry ;)

So I realize I didn't originally give details about how to cut this- I cut the overlay with Artbooking at about 5 inches.  The pumpkin was harder because when you cut it at real dial size the overlay won't fit.  If you know Cricut craft room I suggest you use it ;)  I cut the background at 2 3/4" and the overlay pumpkin at 2".  And I cut 2 backgrounds- one in Sunset cardstock and one in colonial white so I could color it with markers.  It doesn't fit exactly but it doesn't really matter because only a little part shows through. (This is where CCR would be beneficial).  The leaves are also cut in colonial white so I could color it in with markers.

Hope you can bring in Autumn in just a fun way as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment