Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Christmas Card

Yes I know it is still October.  But I saw a sign in a store that said, "11 more Saturdays until Christmas".  Yikes!  Bring on the stress, am I right? 

Hobby Lobby has had their Christmas stuff up since late June, which is disgusting, but they had this beautiful display of Santa and wreaths with peacock feathers.  If I were a fancy person I would totally decorate with peacock Christmas wreaths and such, but I am not.  Instead I will decorate with all my mish-mosh Christmas stuff I've accumulated over the years which includes my nativity with the beheaded Joseph (you can't have nice things with kids).  Anyways, I wanted to make a peacock card and this is what I came up with.  It turned out a little too country but maybe if I can get some feathers I can make a more peacocky one later.


Supplies Used:
Frosted paper
Sarita paper
Merry and Bright stamp set (my all-time FAVORITE Christmas stamp set)
Hemp bakers twine
Chevron outdoor denim ribbon
liquid glass
Twilight markers
tan marker
New England Ivy markers
Outdoor denim ink pad
Saddle ink pad
Cashmere ink pad
Embossing folder and machine
Crocheted flower from Boheme collection- but you could use THIS



Happy Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment