Monday, May 23, 2011

I Bequeath: Wreath

“As from a large heap of flowers many garlands and wreaths are made, so by a mortal in this life there is much good work to be done.”- Buddah
What can you really say about a wreath?  It is probably one of the most boring words and brings images of Michaels (which my husband will utterly shutter about).  But this wreath idea was given to me by a lady at my church (who has waaaay better taste than me) and I thought it so cute I had to spend all week ripping fabric and burning the skin off my fingers just to hang it on my door and force exclamations of congratulations from my dearest who probably would never have noticed it was on the door in the first place if I didn't point it out to him.  So here it is:
So it took a lot more time than I thought- but the good part was that I could do most of it with the kids running around.  It is a pretty simple concept too:  rip 1-2" strips of fabric and braid them, then hot glue them in coils, then hot glue/ wire to a wreath and there ya go.  I painted a letter with paint first and then some pearl paint then tied it to the top and for a little extra I added some netting where the "flowers" are before I wired the coils to the wreath.  I am pretty clumsy so that's why I kept burning my fingers with the hot glue and I also stabbed myself with the large needle I was using to thread the wire through the wreath and for these reasons it will stay on my door at least a year.  But it was all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment