Friday, September 13, 2013

Cornucopia Card

If you've been following my blog, you know I've mentioned how lame I am at blending markers.  But I have absolutely fallen in love with using them!  They may not be nicely blended, but it is a lot of fun "coloring in the lines"!  I've told people before that cutting paper is my release and now I can add using markers to my list of relaxation ;)

This is a unique card because I made my own washi tape using the Huntington paper.  It is so easy you will love it!  There are probably a thousand tutorials online so feel free to start searching.  How I will explain it: you cut strips of paper the same width as some tape (just regular ol' scotch tape).  Put the tape on the paper.  Then using your finger and a bowl of water wet the paper and slightly rub until the back of the paper and the white core comes off (Close To My Heart paper is very good paper and really thick).  Just don't rub the front of the paper attached to the tape off!  Let it dry and you have your very own custom made washi tape!

Supplies Used:
Count Your Blessings stamp set
Kraft cardstock
Huntington paper
gypsy markers
autumn terracota markers
ruby markers
olive markers
honey markers
colonial white cardstock
durables square studs
cashmere ink pad

This stamp set is gorgeous for fall artwork!  And like I said above me likey the coloring with markers. So get your stamp set and inks ready for a cornucopia of fun!  (you know you liked my cheesy quip)



No comments:

Post a Comment