Sunday, October 19, 2014

Cookie Sunday: Batch #2


Ummmm chocolate chips cookies!  Sometimes I just have to have them.  I have a great recipe (that I have memorized) for single serving chocolate chip cookie that I make after the kids go to bed I'll have to share sometime.  But meanwhile, these glorious cookies just beg to be eaten.

This is by far my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.  It tastes just like a coffee shop cookie.  It is REALLY good.  It is from my brother's friend from high school that could just whip this up perfectly EVERY TIME.  That being said it is also the hardest cookie recipe I own.  I'll put some tips after the recipe.



Kasey's Cookies
soften cube butter (1/2 c.)
Add: 1/2 c. sugar
         1 egg
         3/4 c. brown sugar
        2 tsp. vanilla
Mix well
Add: 2 c. flour
         1/2 tsp. salt
         1 tsp. baking soda
Add slowly: 12 oz chocolate chips
Bake in preheated 375 oven for 8-10 mins.


Okay, so very important- the butter has to be softened.  Like kept on the counter 1/2 a day soft.  Or else it just. won't. work.  The batter is really thick and not very moist and when I've tried microwaving the butter to soften it- it doesn't work.

Also, be sure to mix at the end so that the batter sticks together.  I've read that you mix the egg and sugar mixture to make great cookies, but I'm so afraid to overmix and I've failed at this recipe so many times I wouldn't try it for this one.


I use a papered chef scoop for the cookies- both the medium and large work well.  I really want to try and make the gigantic size ones like at the coffee shop so that it feels real legit but I dunno- use an ice cream scoop for that?  I'm not in the know for how to do that.  I'll have to check pintrest lol.

Bon appetit!  It really is REALLY good!  Everyone I've made these cookies for LOVES them.  Some people say it tastes just like cookie dough.  So give it a try and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment