Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cookie Sunday


The boys and I have decided that Sunday should be official "Cookie Day" and we should bake a different type of cookie each week.  Sounds yummy to me!

For this week we made Chocolate Waffle Cookies which is a favorite of mine from when I was a child.  These unique cookies are very simple to mix and cook- and if uses a waffle iron so no heating up your house or cookie sheets to clean :)

We just ate them plain, but it you want to fancy them up add some strawberries and whipped cream and you have a very delicious eye catching dessert!  They definitely taste better warm.

Waffle Cookies:
1/2 c. melted butter
3/4c. sugar
2 beaten eggs
6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix ingredients (I like to wisk the butter, eggs, and cocoa together so there are no coco clumps and then add the rest).  Drop by tsp. ful in each section of a pre-heated waffle iron and bake for 50 seconds.  (I just use the light sensor on my waffle iron to see when they are done). Lift off with fork.  Eat while warm.


I have to say I am very picky about my cocoa powder!  This is the only stuff I will use:


Trust me- good cocoa powder does make a difference!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment