Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween Costumes: Specially Featuring Pokemon!

Happy Halloween!  

This year the costumes were a little stressful.  My youngest wanted to be Spiderman (we already have it- yes!) and my 2nd oldest wanted to be a football player (we already have it- yes!) but my oldest wanted to be Garchomp.  The Pokemon Garchomp.  Which you cannot buy in a store. 
Easy peasy right?  AAHHHHH! Is what I am thinking.  He originally wanted to be a shower like the Karate Kid and I tried desperately to try and convince him how cool that would be.  Didn't work.  So I got my brain thinking and myself shopping to try and find some stuff.
And then on Saturday I decided I just needed to bite the bullet and start.  I hate sewing.

After all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon I finished!!!!  Hallelujah!



So now we have babe's costume:
My costume:
My oldest's costume:
Now my second child saw how much fun it was for me to spend all my time making the oldest a costume.  So Sunday he declared he wanted to be Pichu.  Groan.  Kill me now.
I thought- maybe I can do this in time for our church trunk or treat on Wednesday so off I go again- looking for yellow clothes.  Luckily my mom had sent me some yellow dye a few years ago and my son already has some Iowa State football pants (ahem) so I dyed a shirt yellow, he will wear his football pants inside out and he will wear this:

And we are good.

The tail isn't zig-zagged says my husband.  Shuddy (we are using a black cat tail from the costume box). I am done.  Wait, yes I will need to make a collar tonight but I am done.  Oh, now my oldest wants me to make some adjustments to the costume.  NOOOO.  I am done people.  No adjustments.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment