Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cookie Sunday: Batch #6 Snickerdoodles


My husband requested Snickerdoodles today for our Cookie Sunday and the kids were fine with that so we made my absolute favorite recipe for Snickerdoodles.  I have a lot of Mrs. Fields cookie recipes because my mom had a cookie recipe book from her and the cookies are really good.  The only thing is they take forever to bake.  Like around 20 mins.  


But they are chewy and soft.  I HATE hard cookies.  Like those nasty Mexican wedding cookies- blech.  And just to warn you they are INCREDIBLY addicting.  Like my mouth literally waters for these cookies once you eat one.  You CANNOT just eat one of them.  I don't know what it is but they beg you to eat them all.  So get a plate ready to give to a friend or else buy some fatty pants because these are going to be in your belly.



Mrs. Fields Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies (the name says it all- fatty goodness)

Topping: 3 Tbsp. sugar + 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
Cookies:
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. dark brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sugar

Preheat oven to 300.  In small bowl combine topping ingredients and set aside.  In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.  In large bowl blend sugars with electric mixer at medium speed.  Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste.  Scrape sides of bowl then add eggs and vanilla, mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add flour mixture and blend at low speed just until combined.  Do not over mix.  Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in cinnamon/sugar topping.  Place on ungreased baking sheet 2" apart and bake for 18-20 minutes.  Immediately transfer cookies to cool on flat surface.

I have to admit I never mix the flour mixture.  I always just add it all in when it's time.  Saves me one extra thing to wash.  And it hasn't ever been a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so going to have to try these. I was craving them last night. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete