Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cookie Sunday: Batch #4 Sugar Cookies



The boys love making sugar cookies, and we have some fun Halloween cookie cutters so I decided we would make some sugar cookies this Sunday.  To make things go a little quicker, I made the dough ahead of time (it has to sit in the fridge for 1 hour) and for a treat later I froze the extra dough (lets face it we really don't need 6 dozen sugar cookies- this recipe makes a ton).  The boys had a blast making, decorating, and especially eating them!









We also used a gingerbread man cookie cutter to make skeletons and zombies lol. The recipe is just the Crisco recipe, but my secret ingredient is Butter Pecan syrup that makes it taste extra good.

Crisco Ultimate Sugar Cookies
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. butter flavor shortening
2 eggs
1/4 c. corn syrup or pancake syrup
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Decorations

Heat oven to 375. Combine sugar and shortening in a bowl and mix until well blended.  Add eggs, syrup, and vanilla.  Beat until fluffy.  Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Add gradually and mix on low speed until well blended.  Divide dough into 1/4, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters.  Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart (sprinkle with granulated sugar if desired) and cook for 5-9 minutes.  Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet.  Remove to cooling rack and when cool frost/ decorate as desired.

Makes 3-4 dozen


So I use Butter Pecan syrup like I said before to make them taste really good.  And I always use butter flavored shortening, but this time I ran out so I used 1/2 shortening and 1/2 coconut oil.  I was a little worried it wouldn't turn out, but they turned out perfectly!!  So feel free to use coconut oil.  Not sure how it will turn out with all of it coconut oil but I doubt it would be a problem.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment