Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thanks Teacher!

It is now the last week of school and time to show your teachers just how grateful you are to them for all they do!  Here's a gift I came up with after realizing Monday that school is ending Friday- yikes!


I used Florentine paper pack to make a cute border around this little paint can I picked up from Lowes.  I cut out a square to put in the middle since the paper doesn't go completely around the can- there is a gap between the ends.  Then I used the Thanks stamp set for the middle.  I used the color ready seam binding ribbon to make a pleated ribbon all the way around the can.  [Do you know how to pleat ribbon?  Hmmm.. how to explain.  You glue dot the end of the ribbon down, then you add another glue dot about 1" away and glue the ribbon down there.  Put a glue dot ON TOP of the ribbon in the same spot you just glued the ribbon down then fold the excess ribbon down onto the glue dot making a pleat.  Add a glue dot 1" away and glue down the ribbon then put the glue dot ON TOP of the ribbon and fold over- repeat as many times as you need.  Needs pictures huh?  If I find a good tutorial online I'll post a link.]

For the lid of the can I cut a 3" circle of the Florentine paper then added a bow using the seam binding ribbon.  I added a really cute charm and then filled the can with some chocolately goodness.

After I was done I realized the can was too shiny for the paper so I sponged some brown staz on ink to the can to distress (if I were you I would do it before hand).  You have to use the staz on because the can is metal and normal stamp pads ink will only work on paper.

I hope she likes this tin!  I am so thankful for the teachers in my kids life because without them I'd have to learn a lot more patience ;) No really they're great!

1 comment:

  1. I could not find a good "how to pleat ribbon" tute so maybe one of these days I'll make my own!

    ReplyDelete